Amankora Holiday Packages
Amankora Holiday Packages in Bhutan – This itinerary is crafted to provide you the highest luxury available in Bhutan. Partnered with Amankora, services and experience are designed to give you an ultimate experience of Bhutan.
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 1: Arrival in Paro Int’l airport
- Transfer to Thimphu
- following lunch in the hotel, visit your choice – National Memorial Chorten, Textile Museum, Folk Heritage Museum and the National Library; then stroll the main street browsing for interesting Himalayan artifacts and textiles.
- Dinner & overnight: Amankora Thimphu
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 2: TOUR OF THIMPHU
- In the morning, visit the north end of the valley to view Trashi Chhoe Dzong, the seat of Bhutan’s government and Royal offices, and Pangri Zampa, two 16th-century buildings that now house a monastic training school for astrologers
- At the head of the valley, should you wish to stretch your legs, a short hike will take you to Cheri Goemba, the monastery where the first monastic body was established in the Kingdom.
- Back in town, visit a few of the capital’s cottage industries ranging from traditional paper making to hand-rolled incense.
- Dinner & Overnight: Amankora Thimphu
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 3: FROM THIMPHU TO PUNAKHA
- An early departure brings you on a dramatic drive over the 3,050m mountain pass of Dochu La and on to Punakha Valley. Sights on the way include one of Bhutan’s first fortress monasteries, the 17th-century Simtokha Dzong, and ancient wall paintings at the Hongtsho Goemba monastery.
- The journey continues over the pass offering spectacular views of towering Himalayan peaks on a clear day. The descent into Punakha Valley along the Kingdom’s only east-west highway takes you via the town of Wangdi to visit the rustic Wangdiphodrang Dzong and perhaps the local temple next door. Explore this quaint village and its row of intimate shops before heading to the lodge. In the afternoon, visit the village of Talo, home of the Queen mothers and the valley’s protective deity, lhakhang. Later in the afternoon, enjoy a hike to an ancient monastery on the hilltop behind the lodge. Overnight: Amankora Punakha
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 4: EXPLORING PUNAKHA VALLEY
- Begin the day with a hike from Punakha Lodge through terraces of rice, chillies and cabbage to the Khamsum Yuelley Namgyal Chorten – a monument recently built by the Queen of Bhutan. Afterwards, drive back up the valley towards Khuruthang, passing Punthsho Pelri Palace and several other winter homes of the royal family before reaching the impressive Punakha Dzong. This ancient fortress is the winter residence of the monastic order’s leadership and still serves as the administrative headquarters for the Punakha region.
- A picnic lunch is served on the banks of the Punak Chu, prior to visiting the village of Lobesa. From there, enjoy a short walk to Chimi Lhakhang, the auspicious fertility monastery built in 1499. Overnight: Amankora Punakha
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 5: FROM PUNAKHA TO PARO
- After descending from Dochu La Pass, the road will lead back up the dramatic Wang Chu and Paro Chu river valleys before crossing through Paro towards the north end of the valley. Here, set in a pine forest, is the Amankora Paro lodge and spa.
- In the afternoon, stroll to the nearby ruins, visit some of the valley’s oldest and holiest religious monuments or amble down Paro’s main street. Evenings at Amankora Paro may include informative lectures on the history, religion, flora and fauna of the region, or a film on the Himalayas. (Overnight: Amankora Paro).
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 6: EXPLORING PARO VALLEY
- The day starts with a visit to the National Museum, housed in the Ta Dzong (watchtower). Here, a collection of artefacts provides a wonderful introduction to the rich culture and heritage of the Kingdom. Just a short walk downhill lies the dominating Paro Dzong, a fine example of Bhutanese architecture. From the Dzong, cross Nyamai Zampa, a traditional cantilevered bridge, to reach the town temple built in 1525.
- Enjoy a picturesque picnic or a visit to a traditional farmhouse for lunch with a local family. The afternoon brings a choice of excursions; visitors interested in further immersion in Bhutan’s culture and religion must experience the Kyichu Lhakhang, Dumtse Lhakhang and the Drukgyel Dzong altar room.
- Hikers can follow a beautiful trail behind the lodge which passes Drukgyel Dzong and winds along the Paro Chhu, crossing a suspension bridge and ambling through terraced farmland and forests before looping back down the river to a second bridge and returning to the lodge. Overnight: Amankora Paro
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 7: TIGER’S NEST HIKE
- Spend the morning hiking to one of Bhutan’s most revered monuments, the Taktshang Goemba, more commonly known as the “Tiger’s Nest”. The four to five-hour return trek offers spectacular views of this sacred monastery perched on a cliff face almost 1,000m above the valley floor.
- The rest of the day can be spent browsing through shops in town, enjoying the spa or exploring the rich forests that rise behind the lodge. Overnight: Amankora Paro
Amankora Holiday Packages DAY 8: DEPARTURE
- Early morning transfer to airport.